Avoiding Scams & Fraud
You can avoid the majority of scams and fraud by simply using common sense. Following are a few tips:
• Deal LOCALLY with people you can MEET IN PERSON and you'll avoid nearly 99% of the scam attempts.
• NEVER WIRE FUNDS via Western Union, Moneygram or any other wire service. Anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
• PostFreeAds.com does not get involved in any transactions. We do NOT handle payments between buyers and sellers, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer any type of "buyer protection" or "seller certification."
• NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, credit card number, PayPal info, etc.).
• Avoid deals involving SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES. Be aware that only a scammer will "guarantee" your transaction.
Who to Notify about Fraud or Scam Attempts
If you suspect that an item posted for sale in the AdClassified.com may be part of a scam, please click the "Report Abuse" link below the title on the listing details page. You may also email details to email@example.com. Be sure to include the page URL or the Stock Number in your message.
In addition, you may report abuse to the following organizations:
• Non-emergency number for your local police department
Personal Safety Tips
The majority of users on AdClassified.com are trustworthy and well-intentioned. Nevertheless, it's very important to take the same common-sense precautions when meeting someone for the first time in person as it is when interacting with them online. Remember to:
• Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe
• Tell a friend or family member where you're going
• Take your cell phone along
• Consider having a friend accompany you
• Trust your instincts.